Today in little tiny itty bitty Jerome, it was homecoming. Just a couple of things I just can not get my head around, First they do not have a dance, second, the whole school is let out early for a parade. They dress up semi's and trucks filled with hay, balloons, streamers, and signs, then all the Elementary and Middles schools (I think there is only 1 middle school) go outside and wait for the parade to come. Oh I forgot all the kids are dressed in the school colors. Once the streets are lined, the parade starts, they participants throw candy to the school kids and everyone has a grand time. NEVER would this happen in Washington, for too many reason to even get started. I have to say that I do LOVE it though! I have come to love the small town and really do think I prefer it over Seattle.( at least for raising children) The streets were lined with people that I knew, everyone went out to support the school, it was really neat to watch. The girls were lucky enough to participate! And they LOVED LOVED LOVED it! Although the picture below doesn't really scream that at you!

Tiffy, Hadley and I waited for the girls to come, Hadley really only wanted Tiffany...as usual! It is going to be a sad day for me when Tiff realized that there are better things to do than hang out with me and the kids!
Tiff and I had a good laugh over this, the PVC pipe is falling apart on the bottom, by the end of the parade the sides were missing too! Only in Jerome!! Although my dad did make us a pretty cool jungle gym out of PVC pipe.
Towards the end Madelyne was the only one still standing, Way to take it all the way to the end!
Aubrey was more than content to sit on the back of the truck and eat crackers.
I told Tiff that I would let her Babysit for free if she went out to march with the band...and like a good sport she did..isn't she cute! So Friday night would work great for me!

Tiff and I had a good laugh over this, the PVC pipe is falling apart on the bottom, by the end of the parade the sides were missing too! Only in Jerome!! Although my dad did make us a pretty cool jungle gym out of PVC pipe.
Towards the end Madelyne was the only one still standing, Way to take it all the way to the end!
Aubrey was more than content to sit on the back of the truck and eat crackers.
I told Tiff that I would let her Babysit for free if she went out to march with the band...and like a good sport she did..isn't she cute! So Friday night would work great for me!
3 comments:
those outfits the girls have on are darling
The girls look adorable! Crazy they don't have a dance, but nice too!
Oh my goodness St. Anthony was the same way during homecoming...I couldn't believe it the whole town shut down for the parade of Chevys and I couldn't even drive to the grocery store bc all the roads were blocked off. I just sat in my car amazed at the whole thing.
Post a Comment