Last spring I was having such a hard time. My little Aubrey did not have friend of her own. All the kids looked at her funny when she would try to talk, she would follow Madelyne around with Madelyne's friends, and they were kind enough to let her play with them, but she did not have a friend that she had made herself. It really broke my heart. Her birthday was coming and I felt that I did not have anyone to invite. As a mom my heart hurt so badly for her. I prayed and prayed that she would have a friend. One day in nursery sweet Drew decided that he and Aurbey were to be friends. He stays by her side, he is kind to her, and has never looked at her funny for her disability. I do have to say though that they both are so mischievous, and are great at getting into trouble together! Vaughn (Drew's) dad taught Drew to say "I am going to marry Aubrey." That made my mind start to think of a fun little picture, they both had so much fun. Aubrey put on my wedding dress and Drew started jumping up and down saying "Aubrey your such a pretty princess." We adore Drew, his family and his gentle heart
that gave Aubrey a chance.

3 comments:
That is so sweet!
That picture is adorable! What a sweet little boy!
If you can imagine a big, fat, harry, going bald man cry, that would be me right now. Thanks for that post Alayna, that was really sweet. Not having Aubrey in Drew's childhood is the one thing that stings the most about the thought of leaving. She makes him smile and him smiling makes me smile so thank you!
Vaughn
Post a Comment