Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

{short}

The story of Aubrey and her hair.....
Once upon a week or so ago Aubrey went to her mother and proclaimed
"mom I do not want to be Rapunzel anymore!!" her mom answered with
"what are you talking about?" Aubrey's dear mother soon learned that Miss Aubrey no longer wanted long hair, but a new short doo. Her older sister's response to that was
"oh no she is not going to have the same hair as me!"
With that said no one in the house was too excited about cutting Aubrey's long crowning glory.
As the week went on Miss Aubrey kept insisting that her locks be chopped off. Sunday came and as her mom gazed at her beautiful daughter in primary she noticed a chunk of hair shorter than the rest. "Aubrey did you cut your hair?" her mother asked. "oh no I can not use scissors on my hair!" she answered. " then what happened?" her mother asked extremely puzzled. "I chewed it off with my mouth!" "but don't' worry I put the hair in the garbage." She exclaimed. With that her mother answered "aaaaaaaaa." (honestly what do you say to that?) So her smart mom decided to make an appointment to have the deed done.....

This is how her hair usually looks
we left it undone so Stacy could whack it off
oh how the tears stared to fall from my face when Stacy made that first snip


10 inches of hair gone



and one happy Aubrey is left standing to tell the tale of her hair.


She looks adorable!!!! I love love it! She is donating it to Nikki for her senior project for Lock of Love. I am very proud of her and how brave she is! This is just an example to me that she is learning to make good choices! We just love this girl!


8 comments:

Julie said...

She Looks Adorable!!

Alison Hixson said...

I love it!! She looks absolutely adorable! Drew said, "oh how cute! She is so beautiful, I want her to grow it back. She needs to have long long beautiful hair!" He is definitely his father's son!! I think she looks beautiful both ways!!

LaNae said...

FUN!! I can't wait to see it.

Springers said...

I bet it was hard on you, but its so cute! Shaye took the scissors to her hair last year and we are still recovering! I laughed at her "chewed it off" response!

Lisa said...

I love that she "chewed it off" . . . but it's okay because she put it in the garbage! Oh Aubrey! We love her so much! I bet it was hard to see her hair go, but it is absolutely adorable!

Jenn said...

SO CUTE!!! I need to be brave and get mine chopped off too!!!!

Malita Bingham said...

She is so adorable! I enjoyed your testimony today. You did a great job.

Jamie Hyatt said...

It turned out adorable, and that's so great that she'll be able to say that she gave her hair to someone special for a great cause!