We decided that a family trip to Pocatello on Sunday would be fun. The reason for going is this very train. My Great Great Grandpa Hyrum Crane was the engineer of this train. He was also the Patriacrch for the Pocatello Stake. His son was my Great Grandpa Crane who is very dear to my heart, I grew up with him around all the time, I knew him very well, and was lucky enough to have him meet my little Madelyne before he passed away, so to be able to visit this piece of family history
belonging to his father meant alot to me
![]() |
| Great Great Grandpa Crane is on the far right. |
![]() |
| In 1946, he took on the diesel engine, "the streamliner run," from Pocatello to Montpelier. He was still the engineer on this run when he retired at 68 years of age. |
We made the short drive across the street to the cemetery to visit the graves of our Crane ancestors.
Grandma Jo wrote to me and told me a story she remembered about her Grandpa...
" I remember one summer traveling to Pocatello for vacation, as we drove along the highway..not a freeway, but an old state two lane road, we saw Granddad's train. He had been watching for us, knowing we were headed to his home. Dad honked and honked and Granddad blew his whistle and waved."
I am grateful for family history, it is something that has always touched my heart, I hope by sharing these stories with my children that they will feel a closeness with their ancestors and love them and much as I do.












1 comment:
I have been LOVING getting to see you! Can't wait for the updates and to see ya in the morning! XO
Post a Comment