Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

My cutie friend Jamie and I just completed a 6 week photography class at the college! We LOVED it! I can not believe how much we learned in 6 weeks! The class was great because each week we learned a new concept then we had to go and practice it by taking pictures and bringing them into class to be evaluated in front of everyone else. There were two rules you could only shoot in manual and NO PHOTOSHOP, NO CROPPING NOTHING, just the shot right out of the camera! SCARY!~ I learned a great deal from looking at others pictures, and just hung my head when my were on the screen. Miss Jamie's were always amazing! As a summery of things we learned by week here is a nice little list, obviously I did not type everything down because there is just TOO much but here is a tidbit;
  1. Manual mode, White balance, ISO, Metering, Shutter, Aperture,
  2. Exposure Composition, stopping actions, blurring action, Depth of Field, Ghost Elk
  3. Photo merge, Composition, Rules of thirds, C'S, S's ,and leading lines
  4. Framing a subject, landscape composition,
  5. how to use my flash and external flash yeah!!!
  6. Sunsets,stars, direct sunlight on a subject, Light temperature in different parts of the day the triangle rule

Here are my leading lines pictures, yeah no photoshop!

(A leading line is something that draws your eye to the back of the photo)

Here are my depth of field and blurred action photos
last my landscape compositions and framing photos

My rule of c's and thirds, oops and another blurred action. I was just really happy that I was able to get the water to look silky, It honestly took my awhile!
I have to say it was well worth my time and money!! So what are we going to do next Jamie???

5 comments:

Jamie said...

lol! 'Ghost Elk' so funny! I ♥ the Temple Picture (and the others of course)! *Sigh- Oh our weekly outings were so much fun. Thanks so much for being you! You totally crack me up and 'just plain made a difference in my life'! Thank You! :-) BTW- Mine were not always totally amazing. The instructor was for sure good at making sure I didn't get a big head & was good at bringing me back down to earth, sheesh! Ha! i.e. "What were you trying to do here?" Thank Heavens for the "I was going for the Urban look excuse" :-)
Thanks for asking me to do the class with you. I seriously will go through withdrawls I'm sure. We could always do some weekly outings. fun! fun!

Lisa said...

Good job Alayna! You have some serious talent--I swear you are good at everything! Love ya!

Candria said...

I'm so glad you posted those pictures! They are seriously amazing! In the words of sweet Aubree... "Love It!!" Very cool. Very impressed you "went back to school". That would intimidate me...

Tyra said...

So fun that you took a photography class, and with Jamie! I kept seeing her pics on facebook and wondered where yours were:) Your pics look great,too! Shooting in manual is really the only way, now, huh? It's so fun to further talents and invest in something that brings you so much joy! Hope you are doing well......

Heather Mattos said...

what beautiful pictures!! I love your work Alayna!!