Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Make Time


photo via flickr
This year I have a goal, and it's one I feel I really need to work on. I need to slow down. I have way too many project going ALL the time. I volunteer for everything, I have to have my house in complete order. My mom gave me great marital advice a long time ago, she said to always go to bed with Kev the same time he does. Not to stay up and clean, read, or work on the computer. She is right it does help a marriage, but at the same time it gives me less time in the day to accomplish all I feel I need to.
Because I am focused on too many other things I feel some of the most important things are slipping away. Such as time with my children. I have too little time to answer e-mails, well actually I hardly even check it, and to make phone calls to my dear friends far away (you know who you are!). I use to be able to talk to my cute grandma almost daily along with my Mom, Dad, and sister. Oh yeah and Lisa, but because of shortage of time I have not been able to. I feel like if I slow down a bit well a ton then I will have the time that I need to focus on the ones I love most in this life. I have decided that life is too short and all the "extra" stuff can and will have to wait. So wish me luck, I know to some this might sound simple but for me, If I don't have two things going on at once I feel useless, and this is something I am going to have to dig deep within to figure out. Today I am having a happy game day with the kids!
PS for those who were wondering, I did have my blog book made through blub, and I LOVE it!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey Alayna!
Your pictures are looking adorable. You are so super talented and such an inspiration to me! Thanks for having such a warm smile everytime I bump into you. I think your just a sweetie! I know what you mean about the time thing. I pretty much coulda gone to the nut house last fall because of every pot I had my hand in. I feel like things are just barely getting back to how it should be and it is so worth it. It was always so hard for me to say "No" but, something hit me about 4 weeks ago. Every time I say "yes" even though it is completely inconveniencing my family time, it is denying someone else the opportunity to serve, grow, develop a talent or make a new friend. That doesn't mean that I say "no" to everything that comes along but, if I already have something planned it's okay for me to pass the job along. Our families are our first priorities as moms. There's a balance somewhere. You'll find it! Love Ya!

Tyra said...

I think this is a beautiful goal! Doesn't it seem like we are all looking for that balance in life, its so hard to figure just where it should be....we as moms, especially LDS Mothers, have so many pressures and things pulling at us in every direction. You are so talented and will figure it out! I miss you.

Springers said...

This is something I am trying to work on too. Its got to be a common thread for moms! Between kids, house, callings, projects, volunterring...
I love the game day idea. Jaxson loves to play games and I have promised myself to play a board game with him at least once during the day. Let me know if you have some games your kids especially like.
Glad you like your blog book. I am going to have mine done for the year 2009 when we get to December.

Alison Hixson said...

Ok, well to help you with your goal, I will make it easy on you and not call you, and take time away from those sweet girls! Okay, so I will still call you! You can't get rid of me that easily!

Miss ya!